Artificial Intelligence Certificate
From smart assistants to disease mapping to automated financial investing, artificial intelligence is embedded in nearly every aspect of modern software. With USF’s Artificial Intelligence Graduate Certificate, you can learn the skills needed to build and incorporate next-generation AI tools and break into this lucrative field. Median national compensation for professionals with AI expertise is $109,500.
Want to expand your AI expertise further? All credits earned in the certificate program apply towards USF’s Master of Science in Data Intelligence.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
This program is an ideal fit for recent graduates seeking a competitive edge in an emerging sector of the tech field, professionals in noncomputing disciplines (such as engineering) who want to upskill or transition into an AI role, and individuals seeking a pathway to USF’s Master of Science in Data Intelligence.
Designed for busy working professionals, this program offers a flexible online format that can be completed in just a few months:
- Fully online asynchronous courses, online synchronous testing and office hours
- Four-course sequence (12 credits)
- Full- or part-time options
- No final capstone project requirement
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: 3 Credit Hours
- Data Mining: 3 Credit Hours
- Deep Learning: 3 Credit Hours
- Computer Vision: 3 Credit Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and some statistics knowledge – alternatively, a bachelor’s degree in another discipline and USF’s Pathway to Computing Certificate
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Programming knowledge, including experience with Python
- A background in engineering, physics, math or quantitative biology is helpful, but not required
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the online application for admission. Please select "Graduate Certificate" as the Student Type.
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee.
- Upload the following documents:
- Unofficial transcripts from each college or university you attended, to include military credits and CLEP scores
- Up-to-date resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation from someone of authority who can speak to your academic abilities
- Submit a portfolio of your coding work (such as a GitHub link).
- Mail official transcripts to:
- University of South Florida
- Office of Graduate Studies: Graduate Certificates
- 140 Seventh Avenue South, PNM 102
- St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Early submission of your application is strongly recommended. All credentials must be received by the Office of Graduate Studies prior to the deadlines:
- Fall Semester Start – August 1
- Spring Semester Start – December 1
- Summer Semester Start – April 15
For more information about the Artificial Intelligence Graduate Certificate, please download our program brochure!